A CIT Service
Priority Points - Service to the University
Anonymous Login Code:
Save this code, which is required to update your response at a later time.
Page 1 of 1
Service to the University proposal deadline is August 15th for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Thank you for considering the Priority Point System (PPS) as you work to plan your events for the upcoming year. The University recognizes the many ways students can be involved within our Eastern community by working toward a common goal. The University community can apply for an experience to earn points for students on a case by case basis. Requests are not guaranteed and will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
1. the benefit the experience has on the Eastern community,
2. the time committment involved by the student completing the experience,
3. no more than 15 points will be awarded (the Housing Office will determine this number), and
4. experiences in which students receive any type of financial compensation (waivers, stipend, paycheck, etc.) are not eligible to be considered.
The following fall under the responsibility of the department supervising the experience:
1. submitting the request by the established deadline,
2. monitoring student participating and successful/satisfactory completion,
3. providing a final list of students who receive points by March 15th, and
4. work with students who have questions about points earned during the offical PPS appeal period.
The following fall under the responsibility of the Housing Office:
1. review all requests that are submitted by the established deadline,
2. send notification to requesting offices on September 1 to inform offices if their experience will earn points, and
3. include any "Service to the University" points on the PPS update given to students during the official appeal period.
By checking "yes" below, I understand the requirements for my request to be considered and agree to the terms should my experience be accepted for the Priority Point System.
Name of person making the request:
Office phone number:
Title of experience: (ex. CAB Street Team, Note-Taker, etc.)
Duration of Experience:
For example, is this a one time event, on-going, etc. Please provide start and end dates.
Time committment by student:
For example, is the experience completed in one 3-hour time block, is it recurring 1-hour per week, etc.
How many priority points would you like to be awarded and why:
The Housing Office will make the final determination on how many priority points will be awarded if the experience is approved.
Please provide a brief description of your experience and why it should be considered:
Please indicate which of the University's Core Values are represented in your experience.
83 Windham Street, Willimantic, Connecticut 06226 USA
Phone Number: (860) 465-5000